PT screws for plastics for direct screwing into thermoplastics and duroplastics
Thread rolling screws for direct screwing into plastics (thermoplastics and duroplastics)
New: Screws for thermoplastics available at SHORT TERM (Order quantity > 50,000 PCS)
Direct screwing into high-performance plastics with thread rolling screws saves work steps. However, the hardness and brittleness of the material poses a great challenge for the process-reliable assembly, especially if the screw connection is to be repairable.
Thread rolling screws for plastic are turned into pre-cast holes (tubes) or pre-drilled holes. They automatically roll a thread into the material without forming chips. The displaced material flows into the free space where it remains completely.
The connections are high tensile, highly stressable and durable; loosening (relaxation) is ruled out. The high torsion strength of the OEB screws ensures process-reliable assembly.
- PT screws for thermoplastics: Thread rolling screws for direct screwing into plastics
- KTG screws for thermoplastics: Single-start or double-start thread (high, low)
- Storage programme: Thread rolling screws for plastics: OEB-Plast
Thread rolling screws are extruded for larger batch sizes and turned for small batch sizes (Turned parts for direct screwing).
Direct screwing of thermoplastics and duroplastics in the electrical industry, plastic processing industry, telecommunications, etc.
- High tensile and highly stressable connection of thermoplastics with considerably longer life endurance
- Thread rolling without chips and loss of material
- Minimum radial tension, large thread coverage
- Process-reliable due to torsion strength
- Shorter and slimmer screws are possible.
- Other advantages: KTG_Informationen.pdf
Quenched and tempered steel 1.5523 tempered to 1000 +200 N/mm², high-grade steel 1.4567, other materials on request
b. Strength classes
4.8 – 10.9
c. Thread types
PT screws OEB Plast: Thread 30° or 60°
KTG screws for thermoplastics: Single-start or double-start thread (high, low)
d. Drive types
Slot, cross recess type H, cross recess type Z, combi-cross recess, hexagon socket, hexagon socket with lock, hexalobular internal, hexalobular internal with lock, combi-hexalobular, T-Multidrive
e. Head types
Hexagon head, countersunk head, pan head, countersunk pan head, flange head
Length: 3 – 160 mm (at lengths from 60 mm only partial thread lengths 4 x d are possible)
Thread diameter: 1.6 – 10 mm
Special dimensions on request
g. Additional processings
• End processing: Shank slot, oval half dog point, coned half dog point, long dog point or other as required
galvanised (CrVI-free, RoHS-conform), nickel-plated, chromatised, Delta-Tone and Seal, Dacromet, Geomet etc. according to automotive and electrical industry specifications (VDA standard)
All surfaces approved in accordance with DIN/ISO/EN are delivered for the galvanic surfaces
Thread locks, thread seals (e.g. Tuflok, ScotchGrip, Precote, Loctite, wax coatings).
j. Heat treatment
Annealing, carbonitriding, drawing, tempering, case hardening. Others on request
k. Batch sizes
Special screws from 30,000 pieces
Turned parts for direct screwing
Thread tapping screws