We produce blind rivets, solid rivets, round head rivets and hollow rivets in many shapes and sizes on request and according to our customers’ drawings.
Rivets for permanent connection of various materials
Rivets create a reliable, permanent and positive-locking connection of two or more materials. The materials may be of different kinds. The riveting technique has a wide area of application, from the electrical industry, automotive and transport and aeronautics to mechanical engineering and plant construction.
Rivets are inseparable connections and are also used where the materials to be connected are only accessible from one side. The ambient or part temperatures have no direct influence when riveting.
We produce solid rivets and hollow rivets in many shapes and sizes on request and according to our customers’ drawings. Since the production processes for rivets and screws are very similar, we can also demonstrate our strengths in screw manufacture in the production of rivets.
- DIN 660: Round head rivets
- DIN 661: Countersunk head rivets
- DIN 662: Mushroom head rivets
- DIN 674: Flat round head rivets
Rivets are manufactured in double-stroke technique on our cold forming presses.
- Blind rivets are used when only one side of the materials to be connected is accessible.
- Solid rivets are used, above all, in mechanical engineering and plant construction.
- Round head rivets are used in certain riveting machines and for joining sensitive materials.
- Hollow rivets are used when soft materials are to be joined.
- The designation round head rivet, countersunk head rivet, mushroom head rivet and flat round head rivet refer to the head type.
- When setting the rivet, the rivet shank is pushed through the hole in the materials. Then the rivet body is pulled up towards the head. It compresses the downward facing part of the shank and its own tip on the underside to the closing head. The top protruding part of the rivet body breaks off at its predetermined breaking point.
All common sizes, drives, materials and surfaces from one supplier. Special sizes and shapes according to drawing or sample – also from us.
Mechanical engineering, automotive industry, electrical industry, telecommunications industry, etc.
Steel rivets, high-grade steel rivets, copper rivets, aluminium rivets, brass rivets, etc.
Steel, case-hardened and quenched and tempered steels, high-grade steels; brass, aluminium and other non-ferrous metals
b. Strength classes
3.6 – 12.9
c. Head types
Round head rivets, countersunk head rivets, mushroom head rivets and flat round head rivets
1 mm – 100 mm x 1000 mm length
e. Additional processings
End processing: Shank slots, oval half dog point, coned half dog point, long dog point or other as required
All common: galvanised (CrVI-free, RoHS-conform), nickel-plated, chromatised, Delta-Tone and Seal, Dacromet, Geomet etc. according to automotive and electrical industry specifications (VDA standard)
Thread locks, thread seals (e.g. Tuflok, ScotchGrip, Precote, Loctite, wax coatings).
Samples according to VDA , PPAP on request
h. Heat treatment
All common: Annealing, carbonitriding, drawing, tempering, case hardening. Others on request
i. Batch sizes
from 30,000 pcs. (smaller quantities by agreement)
Available for first sampling: Standard ISIR as cover sheet sampling; VDA Volume 2 Level 0-3; PPAP Level 1-3.